It would appear that LucasFilm has extended Kathleen Kenndy‘s company President contract for an additional 3 years, past whatever the existing limit was.
The Hollywood Reporter says:
Sources say that the near future of Star Wars lies in television with Kennedy-led Lucasfilm planning on expanding the universe with new characters in that medium. The shows at this stage include a live-action series run by Jon Favreau (which is currently casting) and the animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars, both of which will air on Disney’s untitled streaming service, which is set to launch in the second half of 2019. Meanwhile, another animated series, Star Wars Resistance, premieres this month on The Disney Channel.
We’ll let you know when we learn more about what this contract extension will mean for the future of Star Wars, and if Kennedy herself has a response to the news.
- Joe Russo Talks Jon Favreau's 'The Mandalorian' Following Set Visit
- Did You Know: Kathleen Kennedy Was a Dancer in 'Temple of Doom'?!
- We LOVE this Indiana Jones Animated Adventure Short
- A Falcon, Winter Soldier Limited Series in Development
- Lucasfilm Orders Halt to Fan-Made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Carrie Fisher's Princess Leia WILL Return in 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- More Details About Chris Miller and Phil Lord's Firing from Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Kathleen Kennedy Congratulates Avengers: Infinity War for Its Box Office Record
- Kathleen Kennedy Talks 'Solo' with Entertainment Weekly
- Writer Jay Basu Added to ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Film - December 18, 2018
- George Takei Boards Season 2 of AMC’s ‘The Terror’ - December 18, 2018
- Joel Harlow Talks ‘Hellboy’ Makeup, Getting Mike Mignola’s Approval - December 18, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Number One, Captain Pike More Than Shipmates? - December 18, 2018
- Disney+ Period Piece ‘Lady and The Tramp’ Will Have Real Dogs - December 18, 2018