Those of you who have been waiting to try out the new Magic: The Gathering Arena beta for yourselves, good news! The beta is officially live today. Wizards of the Coast officially made the servers live and players have already started rushing into fights from North America, Europe, Australia, and South America. Here’s a brief quote from the company, along with a list of what players can receive in the beta. No word yet as to when it will shut down, so take advantage of it as much as you can!
“Magic: The Gathering Arena is the future of digital Magic,” said Jeffrey Steefel, Vice President of Digital Development at Wizards of the Coast. “Our passionate Magic players have provided valuable feedback throughout Closed Beta allowing us to evolve and refine the game. We are humbled by the amount of support we have received so far and look forward to sharing the Arena experience with even more gamers online.”
At the start of Open Beta players can look forward to the following:
- GUILDS OF RAVNICA – Magic: The Gathering’s latest card set will be available on Sept. 27 at Open Beta release.
- SPECIAL IN-GAME SINGLETON EVENT – All Open Beta players will have access to a special Singleton constructed event on us (it won’t cost gold or gems to enter) from September 27 through October 1.
- SEALED FORMAT – Magic: The Gathering’s format where players build a 40-card deck from six unopened booster packs, is introduced to Magic: The Gathering Arena.
- REDEEMABLE CODES – Starting with Guilds of Ravnica’s physical release, retail product from the tabletop card set will contain codes redeemable in Magic: The Gathering Arena in select regions.
- Magic: The Gathering Arena Will Unlock Direct Challenge on Thursday
- VIZ Media Announces New Book, Magic: The Gathering - Concepts & Legends
- Magic: The Gathering Arena to Add Direct Challenge and Streamer Events
- Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta Test Phase Announced
- IDW to Publish Magic: The Gathering Comic by Vita Ayala and Harvey Tolibao
- Rare 'Magic: The Gathering' Card Sells for Over $87k
- Magic: The Gathering is Getting Hit Hard by Tariffs in Canada
- Magic: The Gathering Arena Will Feature Standard Format in June
- Black Ops 4’s 1.10 Update Makes Major Changes to Blackout - December 18, 2018
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Calling Out Bethesta on Microtransaction Pricing - December 18, 2018
- Blizzard Celebrates the Holidays With a New Stop Motion Video - December 18, 2018
- “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” Are the Code Names for Xbox’s Next Consoles - December 18, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Shows Off New Character “V” in Latest Trailer - December 18, 2018