We’ve been waiting for details about the Star Wars area at Disneyland (called Galaxy’s Edge) pretty much since the ‘land’ was announced. We know there will be new attractions, an all new Cantina (read: bar) area, and the ol’ girl herself, The Millennium Falcon.
Apparently those who picked up the Solo: A Star Wars Story Blu-ray edition from Target yesterday were treated to an exclusive bit of a sneak peak of what’s to come for the Falcon at Galaxy’s Edge:
Executive Creative Director of the attraction Asa Kalama briefly described what we’ll be seeing and doing once the ride opens:
“You’re truly in control of the fastest and most iconic ship in the entire galaxy. And Hondo, he’s gone ahead and added a couple extra seats so he can get as many of those flight crews through as possible. There are 200 some odd buttons, knobs and switches on the inside of the cockpit and they all do stuff. If you’re the gunners in the center there and you don’t fire back on those TIE Fighters fast enough they’re going to riddle the hull with laser bolts, the engineers in back, it’s really up to them to keep the whole Falcon in working order so they’re back there furiously working away at their various systems.”
Riders will be sent on a mission by Hondo Ohnaka, a pirate from Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, to “bring back all of the loot” on the Millennium Falcon.
Imagineering executive Scott Trowbridge described the story a bit more too:
“If you bring back all the loot and there’s not a scratch on the ship and Hondo is really happy when you bring it back, you might find yourself with some extra Galactic Credits in your account, but do a poor job, you lose the cargo, you smash up the ship, you might come back owing more money than you started with, the bossman might not be too happy and when you roll across to the local cantina the bartender might lean over and say ‘hey, word on the street is your name’s been put on the list of a local bounty hunter, I’d watch out if I were you’ so how well you do on this mission really does have an impact on your overall, land-wide story.”
Galaxy’s Edge is scheduled to open at Disneyland in Anaheim and Walt Disney World sometime in 2019.
- Check Out Oga's Cantina from Star Wars Galaxy's Edge
- Details from Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Panel at Disney's Galactic Nights
- Disneyland Announces Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Summer 2019 Opening
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Toydarian Plushies Are Too Cute!
- New Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Merch Revealed
- Disneyland Paris Gets Awesome Marvel-Themed Hotel, I Will Never Get There
- Edna Mode’s “Designing Fabulous” Featurette from ‘Incredibles 2’ DVD - October 17, 2018
- Evan Rachel Wood is “Down” for ‘Practical Magic’ Sequel - October 17, 2018
- Here’s What We’re Getting on the ‘Incredibles 2’ DVD, Blu-Ray - October 17, 2018
- Check Out the New International Aquaman “Fish Boy” Trailer - October 16, 2018
- Jonah Hill Interviews His Favorite Actress, Edie Falco - October 16, 2018