This is the first promo action of The Boys, the new Amazon Studios TV production from Prime Studios, based on the Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson comic book of the same name. And if it looks familiar, I would not be surprised.
This was the original front cover by Darick Robertson from the first issue published by DC/Wildstorm. Until someone at DC Comics actually read it and suddenly the comic was shunted away from Warner Bros and over to Dynamite Entertainment.
And Paul Levitz‘ loss was Nicola Barucci‘s gain. Dynamite has published The Boys ever since. Here’s how the first graphic novel looks…
The Boys was developed by Eric Kripke, Evan Goldberg, and Seth Rogen. As with the comic, it takes place in “a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame” and “revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “The Boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty.”
The cast are:
Karl Urban as Billy Butcher
Elisabeth Shue as Madelyn Stillwell
Erin Moriarty as Annie January / Starlight
Antony Starr as The Homelander
Dominique McElligott as Queen Maeve
Jessie T. Usher as A-Train
Chace Crawford as The Deep
Nathan Mitchell as Black Noir
Laz Alonso as Mother’s Milk
Jack Quaid as “Wee” Hughie Campbell
Karen Fukuhara as Female
Tomer Kapon as Frenchie
Jennifer Esposito as CIA Agent Susan Raynor
Dan Trachtenberg has directed the first episode. Filming just wrapped on the first season, filmed in Toronto.
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018