While several game companies are going to the aid of recently laid-off Capcom and Telltale Games employees, some are venting about their experiences. The biggest one getting traction this weekend is a short tweet from Brandon Cebenka, a former character artist for the company, who was very blunt about his time with the company about how he received no pay for working overtime.
Re: I got laid off at Telltale
None of my sleepless nights or long hours on weekends trying to ship a game on time got me severance today. Don’t work overtime unless you’re paid for it, y’all. Protect your health. Companies don’t care about you.
— Brandon Cebenka (@Binkysaur) September 21, 2018
Anyone who has worked contract or freelance can certainly relate as this post has been retweeted over 29,000 times since it was posted, with thousands more messaging and loving the post. With the news that Telltale Games is officially closing down today, there’s a lot of people looking forward to the idea that they will not be around to continue those types of shady business practices. Here’s hoping all of the studio’s former employees find work elsewhere and are able to continue on doing the work they love to do.
- Telltale Games Reportedly Lays Off Remaining Staff
- Telltale Games Pulls The Walking Dead: The Final Season From Sales
- Telltale Games Hit With a Class-Action Lawsuit Over Labor Laws
- Telltale Games’ Stranger Things Game Was Further Along Than Assumed
- Telltale Games: Major Layoffs and Possible Studio Shut Down
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Receives an "Official" Trailer
- Telltale Games Debuts The Walking Dead: The Final Season's Online Story Builder
- Someone Faked Leaked Pictures of The Wolf Among Us: Season 2
- Telltale Games Reportedly Switching to Unity Engine Moving Forward
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018
- UK’s National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November - October 15, 2018
- Six Foot Officially Releases Dreadnought on Steam - October 15, 2018
- Disgaea 5 Complete Comes to Steam and PC Next Week - October 15, 2018
- Defiant Development Releases New DLC for Hand Of Fate 2 - October 15, 2018