Today, at Thought Bubble in Leeds, I went to The Wicked + The Divine Immersive Experience, put together by Sara Kenney and thoroughly approved of by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie for the show.
Here were some of the people involved…
I was allowed to film a little – this is just the briefest scrape for what, for some, what a life changing two-hour experience, involving art, science, philosophy, sex, music and drawing on little paper masks…
This is how it was described…
Step into the storyworld of The Wicked + The Divine comic created by writer Kieron Gillen and artist Jamie McKelvie.
Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead. Welcome to THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, where gods are the ultimate pop stars.
In this immersive experience you meet characters from the comic who want to help you solve a mystery. As you travel around the room the worlds of art and science intertwine as you try and answer a question ‘What is art for?’ Can you get to the bottom of this conundrum and unlock the door to a secret level? And if you do get to the secret level will you be prepared to face the music?
This event is supported by Wellcome Trust.
Some more pics…
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018