Well it looks like we’re getting a third Kingsman movie after all. After a not so great critical reception, but doing about as well as the first one commercially, 20th Century Fox has confirmed to IGN that a third entry into the series is in the works. At the moment the movie has a confirmed release date of November 8, 2019. That puts it as the same release date as the Sonic the Hedgehog movie with Wonder Woman 1984 the week before and Terminator 6 the week after. IGN has also confirmed that Matthew Vaughn is set to return to write and direct the third movie.
At the moment there aren’t any concrete details about what characters could be returning. Characters like Roxy (Sophie Cookson) and Merlin (Mark Strong) were both presumed dead by the end of the movie but Strong went on the record to Metro last year that Vaughn told him that no one really dies in these movies.
‘All Matt [Vaughn] said to me was “no one dies in the Kingsman universe”, so you never know,’ Mark said. ‘Truth is, it’s a wonderful world he’s created so maybe, maybe not. I don’t know.’
There are also the Statesman which were introduced in the second movie and includes characters played by Halle Berry, Channing Tatum, and Jeff Bridges that could return as well. Right now it’s all very unclear but if they are really shooting for that November 2019 release date then they’ll have to start shooting sooner rather than later. We can likely expect some cast confirmations by the end of the year.
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018