Well it looks like we’re getting a third Kingsman movie after all. After a not so great critical reception, but doing about as well as the first one commercially, 20th Century Fox has confirmed to IGN that a third entry into the series is in the works. At the moment the movie has a confirmed release date of November 8, 2019. That puts it as the same release date as the Sonic the Hedgehog movie with Wonder Woman 1984 the week before and Terminator 6 the week after. IGN has also confirmed that Matthew Vaughn is set to return to write and direct the third movie.
At the moment there aren’t any concrete details about what characters could be returning. Characters like Roxy (Sophie Cookson) and Merlin (Mark Strong) were both presumed dead by the end of the movie but Strong went on the record to Metro last year that Vaughn told him that no one really dies in these movies.
‘All Matt [Vaughn] said to me was “no one dies in the Kingsman universe”, so you never know,’ Mark said. ‘Truth is, it’s a wonderful world he’s created so maybe, maybe not. I don’t know.’
There are also the Statesman which were introduced in the second movie and includes characters played by Halle Berry, Channing Tatum, and Jeff Bridges that could return as well. Right now it’s all very unclear but if they are really shooting for that November 2019 release date then they’ll have to start shooting sooner rather than later. We can likely expect some cast confirmations by the end of the year.
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018