A little bit of good news coming from 343 Industries, sort of, as it has been confirmed the company will not be adding cash loot boxes in Halo: Infinite. In a bit of a thread on Twitter, Studio Head FPS at 343 Industries Chris Lee confirmed that the company will not be adding any form of loot boxes that require money to obtain in the game.
Keep the faith, it’s appreciated! We’re still working through final plans and will share more when we are ready, but I can definitely say that Halo Infinite will not include real-money loot boxes.
— Chris Lee (@tefferlee) September 19, 2018
However, this is not all good news if you read between the lines. Lee chose his words carefully and did not say Halo: Infinite wouldn’t have any loot boxes. So prepare for that door to be kicked open when the devs eventually release more information, as we’re sure Halo will not join the ever-growing list of FPS titles to incorporate the system.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Will Receive Several New Options
- It Doesn't Look Like Halo 5 is Coming to PC
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Receives a Major Update
- SkyBox Labs Joins 343 Industries to Work on Halo: Infinite
- Halo: Infinite Might Not Support Xbox Play Anywhere
- Steve Downes is Ready to Return as Master Chief if Halo Needs Him
- Konami Adds Some Other IP Assets Into Metal Gear Survive - October 21, 2018
- Valve Pushes the Artifact Beta Into November - October 21, 2018
- Konami Releases Details on the First Three Yu-Gi-Oh! Sets of 2019 - October 21, 2018
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018