A little bit of good news coming from 343 Industries, sort of, as it has been confirmed the company will not be adding cash loot boxes in Halo: Infinite. In a bit of a thread on Twitter, Studio Head FPS at 343 Industries Chris Lee confirmed that the company will not be adding any form of loot boxes that require money to obtain in the game.
Keep the faith, it’s appreciated! We’re still working through final plans and will share more when we are ready, but I can definitely say that Halo Infinite will not include real-money loot boxes.
— Chris Lee (@tefferlee) September 19, 2018
However, this is not all good news if you read between the lines. Lee chose his words carefully and did not say Halo: Infinite wouldn’t have any loot boxes. So prepare for that door to be kicked open when the devs eventually release more information, as we’re sure Halo will not join the ever-growing list of FPS titles to incorporate the system.
- 343 Industries Reveals a New Piece of Halo: Infinite Art
- Australian Senate Advises a "Comprehensive Review" of Loot Boxes
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Will Receive Several New Options
- It Doesn't Look Like Halo 5 is Coming to PC
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Receives a Major Update
- SkyBox Labs Joins 343 Industries to Work on Halo: Infinite
- Halo: Infinite Might Not Support Xbox Play Anywhere
- Steve Downes is Ready to Return as Master Chief if Halo Needs Him
- YouTube Channel “Super Best Friends” Ending After Internal Issues - December 16, 2018
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Welcomes a New Fighter with Kage - December 16, 2018
- Electronic Arts Releases a New Anthem Trailer With a Hint of Story - December 16, 2018
- Tetsuya Nomura Issues Twitter Statement on Kingdom Hearts III Leak - December 16, 2018
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018