To live in a day and age where we’re regularly seeing SEGA titles on a Nintendo console. SEGA Genesis Classics will be the latest to join that library. Today, SEGA announced that their retro-library title will be released on the Nintendo Switch, both as a physical and digital release sometime this winter. Aside from the normal promotion, some of which we have for you below, the company didn’t give any further details on a date, or if anything would differentiate this version from the PS4 and Xbox One versions. We’re guessing we’ll see this one sometime in December for the holiday rush.
SEGA Genesis Classics has over 50 retro favourites to experience across every genre: arcade action, shooters, beat’m ups, puzzlers and hidden gems, with a raft of modern features. Exclusively for the Nintendo Switch players can now compete in same-screen local coop mode and use each Joy-Con individually if desired. Familiar features like online multiplayer, achievements, mirror modes, rewind and save states are all part of the collection for everyone to revisit and enjoy.
- SEGA Ages is Coming to Nintendo Switch in the West
- Omega Labyrinth Life Receives First Switch Screenshots and Trailer
- Nintendo Switch's New Firmware Update Allows Better Digital Game Sharing
- Nintendo Releases Full Details of Online Service After Launch
- Comic Store In Your Future - When Sonic Outsells Marvel
- Yakuza Studio's New IP Judge Eyes Out This Year in Japan
- SEGA Genesis Classics Receives a Randomly Free VR Update
- Sega is Releasing Genesis and Master Era Games on The Switch
- YouTube Channel “Super Best Friends” Ending After Internal Issues - December 16, 2018
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Welcomes a New Fighter with Kage - December 16, 2018
- Electronic Arts Releases a New Anthem Trailer With a Hint of Story - December 16, 2018
- Tetsuya Nomura Issues Twitter Statement on Kingdom Hearts III Leak - December 16, 2018
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018