A bit of bad news from Capcom today as the company basically told everyone they were predicting having financial losses this quarter. The company released this information today, informatively titled “Notice Regarding Recording of Losses from the Termination of Development Projects” in which they basically tell everyone that they killed a bunch of projects in the making and expect to take a hit because of it. No word yet as to what they actually killed as it was unannounced projects from the Vancouver studio, but some are predicting the loss will be roughly around $40 million.
Regarding Capcom’s full-year business forecast, due to factors including the continued robust performance of the PC version of Monster Hunter: World exceeding the company’s expectations since its release on the Steam platform in August, following the blockbuster performance of the title after its initial release in January of this year, the forecast for Capcom’s consolidated business results remains the same as what was projected at the financial results announcement on May 8, 2018.
Further, there are no changes to the amounts of the interim dividend or year-end dividend that were announced on the same day.
- Capcom Shows Off Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition's Halloween Event
- Arcade Memories Return with Capcom Beat ’Em Up Bundle for Nintendo Switch
- Yoshinori Ono Reportedly Out of the Fighting Game Division for Capcom
- Capcom Releases a Free Mega Man 11 Downloadable Demo
- Review: Razer’s Blackwidow Elite Gaming Keyboard - December 15, 2018
- Cygames Announces Granblue Fantasy Versus for PS4 in 2019 - December 15, 2018
- Review: Marseille’s mCable HDMI Cords for Cinema and Gaming - December 15, 2018
- Review: Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse - December 15, 2018
- Ghost Stories For The Ages: We Review Betrayal Legacy - December 15, 2018