In today’s BUT FREAKING WHY news, it would appear that Bryan Singer is currently in talks to direct the upcoming live-action feature film adaptation of Red Sonja from Millennium.
This is troubling news, to say the least, considering Singer’s recent firing from 20th Century Fox due to his mismanagement of their Queen biopic film, Bohemian Rhapsody. There are also the rape allegations brought forth against the filmmaker to consider here.
Why would a studio pick this particular person to helm a FEMALE CENTRIC hero film in the wake of the #MeToo movement?
According to The Hollywood Reporter, sources say ‘Millennium will pay Singer top dollar for the assignment, which is seen as a step toward rehabilitating the director’s image’.
We’ve reached out to our own sources familiar with the situation for comment, and will let you know what we hear.
- [Review] 'Bohemian Rhapsody': Squeaky Clean and Disingenuous
- Bryan Singer Asked to Be Removed as Executive Producer of FX's Legion
- Bryan Singer Accused of Sexual Assault of 17-Year-Old Boy, Denies Allegations
- Moving Day: Bryan Singer's Production Company Moving out of the Fox Lot
- Bryan Singer Says Fox Fired Him Because He Was Caring for Sick Parent
- Queen Biopic Halts Production Due To Bryan Singer "Health Matter"
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018
- Pedro Pascal Shares Dave Filoni-drawn ‘The Mandalorian’ Sketch - December 14, 2018