In today’s BUT FREAKING WHY news, it would appear that Bryan Singer is currently in talks to direct the upcoming live-action feature film adaptation of Red Sonja from Millennium.
This is troubling news, to say the least, considering Singer’s recent firing from 20th Century Fox due to his mismanagement of their Queen biopic film, Bohemian Rhapsody. There are also the rape allegations brought forth against the filmmaker to consider here.
Why would a studio pick this particular person to helm a FEMALE CENTRIC hero film in the wake of the #MeToo movement?
According to The Hollywood Reporter, sources say ‘Millennium will pay Singer top dollar for the assignment, which is seen as a step toward rehabilitating the director’s image’.
We’ve reached out to our own sources familiar with the situation for comment, and will let you know what we hear.
- Bryan Singer Asked to Be Removed as Executive Producer of FX's Legion
- Bryan Singer Accused of Sexual Assault of 17-Year-Old Boy, Denies Allegations
- Moving Day: Bryan Singer's Production Company Moving out of the Fox Lot
- Bryan Singer Says Fox Fired Him Because He Was Caring for Sick Parent
- Queen Biopic Halts Production Due To Bryan Singer "Health Matter"
- Check Out the New International Aquaman “Fish Boy” Trailer - October 16, 2018
- Jonah Hill Interviews His Favorite Actress, Edie Falco - October 16, 2018
- 5 Images from BBC One’s ‘Les Misèrables’ Adaptation - October 16, 2018
- 2019’s ‘The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror XXX will be Episode 666 - October 16, 2018
- Eminem Performs Title ‘Venom’ Track at Empire State Building - October 16, 2018