This is one of those crazy-interesting rumors that we’re partially hoping may be true, but as fans of both the original and the continued Blade Runner 2049 story, this could be a fascinating turn of events.
According to a report from Showbiz411, long-time Hollywood beat reporter Roger Friedman claims exclusive knowledge of a Blade Runner tv series being shopped around.
The report says:
And so I’ve been told that the series is being developed right now, although no details are set. It does seem like Rick, his daughter, and maybe K sans snowflakes would form the central family, with lots of possibilities for new characters and old ones. Producers of the film are on the fast track.
This could be an interesting premise, for sure. But, it seems highly unlikely that any of the Blade Runner 2049 main-core cast would make the jump to tv, but stranger things have happened.
We’ve sent some inquiries to additional parties who may know more about this supposed idea, and we’ll of course let you know if we hear anything.
- 'Blade Runner' Universe Comics are Coming from Titan Publishing
- Blade Runner Prop Gun Sells for $41k, Snake Plissken's MAC-10 for $20k
- The Hans Zimmer Composer Roundtable Featuring Ramin Djawadi, Henry Jackman and More
- Denis Villeneuve Wants to Do at Least 2 Dune Movies
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018