It was announced in July. A sequel series to the original much-lauded The Vision by Tom King, Gabriel Hernandez Walta and Jordie Bellaire. A new series continuing the stories of The Vision, his daughter Viv Vision, their dog Sparky and (spoilers) the remains of his murderous wife’s corpse kept in electronic limbo in the basement.
We’d heard it was coming in May, and CBR ran the PR in July that Chelsea Cain, Marc Mohan, Aud Koch and Jordie Bellaire were creating a sequel mini-series. And it was solicited for November as a six-issue mini, half the size of the original series.
Bleeding Cool has, however, learnt that Marvel Comics have changed their minds. That the planned series conflicts with their current plans for Vision and Viv Vision, and the publisher is looking in a different direction. The creators on the series have been paid in full for their work so far and Marvel seems appreciative of their work so far- and it is possible that it may see the light of day another time. But not now. And certainly not in November.
It also indicates that Marvel as a corporate body has bigger plans for Vision and Viv Vision as a part of their wider continuity rather than confined to a mini-series.
This was the original solicitation.
VISION #1 (OF 6)
(W) Chelsea Cain, Marc Mohan (A) Aud Koch (CA) Marcos Martin
THE NEXT CHAPTER OF THE VISION FAMILY!
When the Vision decided to try to live a “normal” life, he built a wife, a son and a daughter – a family – only to watch it nearly all crumble. Now all that’s left is Viv, his learning-to-be-rebellious daughter, and Sparky, the family robo-dog. But what does it mean for an artificial intelligence to rebel? And can a synthezoid father handle single parenthood? The married writing team of Chelsea Cain (Mockingbird) and Marc Mohan joins rising star artist Aud Koch for a new take on the Vision family that will once again have everyone talking!
Rated T+In Shops: Nov 07, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Dave Sim Parodies X-Men For New Comic, Giant-Size Jingles - October 17, 2018
- Blake Northcott and Donny Tran Launch New ‘What If?’ Line From Aspen in January 2019 Solicits - October 17, 2018