One of the nice surprises at PAX West was to see a game from VIZ Media and Rose City Games called The World Next Door. The game has a simple enough premise that’s kinda fun. Every so often, specific portals open up and people can visit between worlds. One that’s very much like earth and another where monster-like creatures are the norm. Both sides can cross over and visit each other at certain times of the year. However, after an incident in one of the caves, a human is trapped in the other world while wearing a mask to conceal her identity. Now she must find a way back, which involves using a lot of magic and a katana you found.
To cast magic, special colored runes appear on the ground and you have to move around like a puzzle game to collect the abilities you need and cast spells. They found a very clever way to mix in puzzle playing, action sequences, and RPG elements into a single game that doesn’t feel like anything else. The company has yet to give a release date for The World Next Door, but we’re guessing based on the demo, if it isn’t ready to go in the winter we won’t see it until Spring 2019.
- Revisiting Witch It at PAX West as the Game Comes to Consoles
- Memory at a Party: We Played UFO A Go-Go at PAX West
- Revisiting the Light of Projection at PAX West
- Fighting for Domination in Swords and Soldiers II Shawarmageddon at PAX West
- Looking Over New Titles from Breaking Games at PAX West
- Twisted Metal Meets Hockey: We Tried Mad Machines at PAX West
- Checking Out the Improvements Made to Astroneer at PAX West
- Scared of the '90s: We Played World Of Horror at PAX West
- “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” Are the Code Names for Xbox’s Next Consoles - December 18, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Shows Off New Character “V” in Latest Trailer - December 18, 2018
- Square Enix Confirms Life is Strange 2 – Episode 2 Release Date - December 18, 2018
- Review: Nike’s PG 2.5 PlayStation Classic Colorway - December 18, 2018
- Last Year: The Nightmare Officially Launches on Discord - December 18, 2018