In what appears to be an embargoed Associated Press news story that the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (website is the hilarious NWAonline.com which could be worth more than the paper) posted early by mistake, and then Newsarama pretended they didn’t know that, even though they have likely been similarly embargoed.
Okay, that sentence got away from me a bit.
Anyway, in a puff piece about the DC Walmart exclusive comics that comic stores are not allowed to sell (unless they buy them from a Walmart) they mentioned a Halloween Special and a Christmas Special coming, as well as the titles moving from four a month to si a month with the Flash 100-Page Giant and another unnamed book. Dan DiDio has already expressed a desire to be publishing eight a month.
Swamp Thing Halloween Horror Special, at 100 pages, will be published for October 7th. And an 80-page Walmart DC Holiday Special Edition will be published for November 11th for $4.99 each. The contents or creators are not mentioned.
- New Jersey School Board Votes to Keep Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home on the Curriculum - October 13, 2018
- Big Books From Marvel in 2019 – Omnibus, Masterworks and Epic Lines - October 13, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Bring Back Starforce Ahead of Captain Marvel Film - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Brendan Deenan and Cale Atkinson’s Night Night Groot - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Oversized Behold… Galactus Hardcover in May - October 13, 2018