In what appears to be an embargoed Associated Press news story that the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (website is the hilarious NWAonline.com which could be worth more than the paper) posted early by mistake, and then Newsarama pretended they didn’t know that, even though they have likely been similarly embargoed.
Okay, that sentence got away from me a bit.
Anyway, in a puff piece about the DC Walmart exclusive comics that comic stores are not allowed to sell (unless they buy them from a Walmart) they mentioned a Halloween Special and a Christmas Special coming, as well as the titles moving from four a month to si a month with the Flash 100-Page Giant and another unnamed book. Dan DiDio has already expressed a desire to be publishing eight a month.
Swamp Thing Halloween Horror Special, at 100 pages, will be published for October 7th. And an 80-page Walmart DC Holiday Special Edition will be published for November 11th for $4.99 each. The contents or creators are not mentioned.
- DC Comics’ Marie Javins Makes the 29 Women Who Took Over The World In 2018 List - December 18, 2018
- As Expected, Eric Esquivel Dropped by DC Comics From Nightwing - December 18, 2018
- Kevin Smith, Frank Miller, Warren Ellis, Becky Cloonan and More in Detective Comics #1000 - December 18, 2018
- More on Free Comic Book Day 2019/Star Wars Day Than Just The Comics - December 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 18th December 2018, Okay, Really One Week To Go - December 18, 2018