He knocked on Alan Moore‘s door in Northampton. He found me in the basement of Forbidden Planet in London. He ended up in a catacomb. And now he has bumped into Jim Starlin in Portland. It has certainly been a busy week for Donny Cates.
I met Jim Starlin at Rose City this weekend. We stepped off the show floor and got coffee just the two of us. We traded stories about Thanos. His were better. Mostly I listened.
I’ll think about that meeting for the rest of my life. Thank you, Jim. That meant the world to me. pic.twitter.com/PSwIb9Nm2O
— DONNY CATES (@Doncates) September 10, 2018
Especially since Jim Starlin quit Marvel Comics when he found out that Donny Cates’ storyline for his Thanos series was rather similar to Jim Starlin’s own Thanos plotline for his original graphic novel series with Alan Davis.
So it’s good to see that everyone was peaceful at the show. And no one decided to throw down the gauntlet. Infinity or otherwise…
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018
- Neal Adams Expresses Concern For Rumoured Comics Royalty Changes - October 20, 2018
- Comic Bistro Opens In Aberdeen This Weekend - October 20, 2018
- Complete Guide To List of Names on Dick Grayson’s Phone in Titans Episode 2 - October 20, 2018
- Lois Lane’s New Book is Called ‘My Life With Superman’… in Action Comics #1004 - October 20, 2018