We’ll all remember the get out clause from Avengers: Infinity War, don’t we? That Doctor Strange saw millions of different parallel universes to see how to defeat Thanos, and found only one in which they succeeded? And then proceeded to copy it by exchanging the Time Stone for Tony Stark’s life? My theory is that a Thanos with all the stones will be more easy to defeat than with one or two, as the Gauntlet will be more prone to Thanos’ stray thoughts, including that of losing.
It also seemed to borrow from Mister Fantastic doing similar during Marvel’s Civil War and more.
But it does ask the question, is the Doctor Strange in every reality also doing the same? And if so, would everyone somehow cotton onto the way to succeed? And would he ever use it to spoil the ending of a comic book?
Obviously not, he’s the good guy. Loki is, however, not. And in Infinity Wars #3 he too has been peeking into neighbouring universes to see how they did it. And, as yet, no Loki has stared back at him, telling him to piss off.
Yet… here’s a preview of Infinity Wars #3, out this week.
INFINITY WARS #3 (OF 6)
(W) Gerry Duggan (A/CA) Mike Deodato
WHO ARE THE INFINITY WARPS?
With Requiem tearing through the Marvel Universe, Loki whispering around its fringes and a new threat looming to devour everything, the very fabric of reality warps around the heroes of Earth… and the only way through winds through infinity itself! Rated T+ In Shops: Sep 12, 2018 SRP: $4.99
- Free On Bleeding Cool: The Wailing Blade #1 From Comixtribe - October 15, 2018
- Retailers Ordered 300,000 Return Of Wolverine #1 in September – And Marvel Overshipped Some Titles Again - October 15, 2018
- Daniel Grzeszkiewicz, Please Get in Touch With Your Customers… - October 15, 2018
- Where’s Andy Mangels in Wonder Woman: Earth One Volume Two? - October 15, 2018
- Will Talia al Ghul Make Brian Bendis’s Leviathan a Superman and Batman Crossover? - October 15, 2018