One of the games we were truly curious about going into PAX West was Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and how well the game could hold up to the series. We got a chance to sit down with a developer and experiment a little with the game and be shown the ropes of how it all worked. If you’re looking for a totally intricate system of designing your character, this is the game for you, as you’re given such a multitude of options that it makes us wonder how long you could spend going down that rabbit hole. Race, class, skills, domain, abilities, etc. Everything under the sun can be tweaked to perfection if you so desire.
The gameplay we got to watch though… takes a lot more time than you think. This is a series where you’ll be doing a lot of role-playing, which isn’t a bad thing, but it does feel like it takes about as long as your standard game of Pathfinder. We didn’t get too much into the combat, as we basically grazed by it in the session, but it looks alright for what it was worth. Pathfinder: Kingmaker looks impressive, but we need more hands-on time to make a final decision about it. Thankfully, we’ll get a shot later this month when it comes out on September 25th.
- Experimental Feelings: We Review Pathfinder 2.0's Playtest Beta
- Surviving Space As Best We Can: We Review the Starfinder Armory Rulebook
- Breaking Out Our DJ Skills with Spin Rhythm at PAX West
- Jammin' Logs with Log Jammers at PAX West! You Heard Me!
- What Happened to the Bees? We Play Bee Simulator at PAX West
- Getting a PAX West Preview of Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics
- Getting a Good Look at Diablo III on Nintendo Switch at PAX West
- We Preview Aragami: Shadow Edition at PAX West
- The Cutest Lil' Dungeons Crawler in All of PAX West was Sparklite
- We Learned at PAX West That, Indeed, Buildings Have Feelings Too
- Revisiting Killer Queen Black at PAX West Because We Needed To
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018