It’s tough being Fresh Monkey Fiction when you have the idea to make a bunch of action figures/plastic dolls based on independent comic book characters not big enough to justify a line by themselves. Because Geoff Beckett Jr did the same with Shocker Toys a decade and a half ago that ended up with people not getting paid, toys not being produced and everyone still very angry.
Because when you are Fresh Monkey Fiction doing it, everyone thinks you are just the latest name that Geoff is using. Turns out they’re not.
Even though they have action figures of some of the same folk, including Madman, Mr Monster and Jack Staff.
And so Erik Larsen, Mike Allred, Steve Rude, Jim Starlin, Mike Grell, Joe Staton, Paul Grist, Bob Burden, Vito Delsante, Dean Haspiel, Michael T. Gilbert, Devin Murphy and more have lent their creations to the line to bring them to life as the Amazing Heroes Reborn line, currently being Kickstarted.
Each figure is at 1:18 scale (around 4″) with 14 points of articulation and includes extra accessories and a display stand. The campaign runs until Sunday, September 23rd with a funding goal of $150,000. They are about a quarter of the way there.
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018