I never knew I needed a game with sentient balloons fighting each other until I got to play Battlloon at PAX West. This is a fun little game from a company called UNITES who basically brought a 16-bit retro looking title to the convention that was a lot more fun that some of the others we played on the floor. The short version is that you pick a balloon color and a balloon creature to fight as you go head-to-head in a four-player mayhem battle.
You can rocket yourself across the screen into your opponents and send them crashing into the walls, but as you break pieces of the walls apart, you’ll see spikes underneath that will cause your balloon to pop. At the end of the round you’re awarded points according to how you placed, all while trying to reach a certain goal after a number of rounds have passed. This is just dumb fun and we loved every minute of it. We’re not entirely sure when Battlloon will come out, as Nintendo currently has it slated for the Nintendo Switch for sometime in 2019. Hopefully, the company will get it finished sooner than later and we can have it in early 2019.
- We Preview Aragami: Shadow Edition at PAX West
- The Cutest Lil' Dungeons Crawler in All of PAX West was Sparklite
- We Learned at PAX West That, Indeed, Buildings Have Feelings Too
- Suffering Like Never Before with Irony Curtain at PAX West
- A Weird Bunny's World in My Brother Rabbit from PAX West
- Revisiting Necrobarista at PAX West and Waiting For a Release Date
- Zipping Around to Graffiti Games' Double Cross at PAX West
- Coordination Is Key Running Through Joggernauts at PAX West
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018