When Star Wars costumers get together at Dragon Con, it’s always an experience. Add in Imperial Officers and cocktails at one of the skybars in the Hilton host hotel, you’ve got all the makings of a cosplayer’s dream.
The Cocktails Over Coruscant [year two, actually] evening libation event is put on by the Imperial Officer Cosplay group; while it is a ‘closed’ group on Facebook, it *is* open to anyone with a uniform to join, and is independent of the 501st and Rebel Legion Star Wars cosplay groups.
These photos come courtesy of our friend Benn Robbins of Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art, along with more insight into the shindig:
We had over 50 Imperial Officers four twi’leks Darth Vader, Tarkin, Galen Erso, a grand Admiral along with the Officers, commodore and even the wait staff wore “Tarkin Initiative” patches on their uniforms. And there was a commemorative challenge coin given out to all who participated.
Cocktails Over Coruscant came together with the help of Nathan Pata, Garet Jones, Brandon Abell, and Bob Herron ["Whos’ dream this was”].
Robbins was also kind enough to share an image of the patches and coin that were handed out to participants:
Here’s the gallery of photos Robbins shared with us for your perusal, enjoyment, and inspiration for future Dragon Con social interactions:
Keep an eye out for additional Dragon Con cosplay galleries and news throughout the weekend, thanks again to the Imperial Officers Cosplay group for sharing their evening with us.
- Dragon Con: A Regal of Wakanda Forever Cosplay
- Dragon Con: Where Star Wars and Star Trek Come Together
- Dragon Con: A Violent Delight of Westworld Cosplay
- Black Geeks of Dragon Con: Fandom Comes in All Shades
- Dragon Con: This Judgement of Dredd *IS* The Law
- Dragon Con: A Habit of Handmaids, Under His Eye
- [SPOILER]'s Robot Feet from Solo: A Star Wars Story Revealed
- A Raid of Vikings Invade During Dragon Con 2018
- Dragon Con: 'Orville' Cosplay Crew Invades Star Trek 10 Forward Party
- Dragon Con: General Leia Cosplay That'll Make You Cry
- ‘Dune’: Timothée Chalamet Doesn’t Know What Fear Is - November 18, 2018
- Box Office Magic as ‘Fantastic Beats: The Crimes of Grindelwald’ Takes $253M Globally - November 18, 2018
- Wanna Hear John Williams’ Disney Star Wars Parks Music?!? - November 17, 2018
- ABC Renews ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ For a 7th Season - November 16, 2018
- The Criterion Channel: New Service Picking Up Where FilmStruck Left Off - November 16, 2018