One of the movies that is coming later this year that not many people are talking about is Mortal Engines. It’s being brought to us by most of the creative team from Lord of the Rings and is based on the young adult novel by Phillip Reeve.
Today we found out who is going to be scoring the movie and it will be Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL. Holkenborg, who is best known for scoring Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, and writing the guitar riff for Wonder Woman announced he was scoring the project on Twitter with the following statement.
Friends, I’m proud to announce that I am working on the original score to the upcoming film @Mortal_Engines, produced by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh (Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, King Kong) and directed by Christian Rivers. It’s a dream come true working w/Christian & being welcomed into Peter’s Wingnut family. Traveling to their facility in New Zealand has been nothing short of mind-blowing, I feel like I’ve learned more about moviemaking in the past 6 months than most could hope to in a lifetime. I am extraordinarily grateful to Peter, Fran and Christian for this opportunity and their friendship. Scoring Mortal Engines pushed me to my limits, it’s an incredible project to be part of. The film comes out Friday, December 14. Hope you can enjoy it in theaters!
Holkenborg always brings a very unique sound to whatever movies he is scoring and considering how unique everything looks in the footage we’ve seen from Mortal Engines he seems like a perfect fit.
Summary: Many years after the “Sixty Minute War,” cities survive a now desolate Earth by moving around on giant wheels attacking and devouring smaller towns to replenish their resources.
Mortal Engines, directed by Christian Rivers, stars Hera Hilmar, Hugo Weaving, Frankie Adams, Caren Pistorius, Stephen Lang, and Robert Sheehan. It will be released on December 18th.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018