The first issue of the new Justice League series by Scott Snyder and Jim Cheung saw the Justice League all doing their best Batman impersonations. Though we had to wait for today’s Justice League #7 to hear Superman’s own version.
Though Batman’s is even better. Though amidst revivals of classic characters, dooming Justice Leaguers, and revealing the end-of-level bad guy, we also get this speech from Justice League leader Martian Manhunter with all the teams present.
It has been suggested that this something that might have some relevance outside of the confines of the superhero tale in which it is told (there’s a fair bit of that today, courtesy of Captain America) and may indeed speak to concerns of certain comic book creators right now. Or as Don’t Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood would have it…
JUSTICE LEAGUE #7
(W) Scott Snyder (A/CA) Mark Morales, Jim Cheung
It’s wall-to-Source-Wall Justice League action as artist Jim Cheung rejoins writer Scott Snyder! Hawkgirl takes wing against Legion of Doom leader Lex Luthor; John Stewart faces off with old foe Sinestro; the Flash must run down the Still Force-empowered Gorilla Grodd; and Wonder Woman tackles the tag team of Black Manta and Cheetah-underwater, no less!In Shops: Sep 05, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Free On Bleeding Cool: The Wailing Blade #1 From Comixtribe - October 15, 2018
- Retailers Ordered 300,000 Return Of Wolverine #1 in September – And Marvel Overshipped Some Titles Again - October 15, 2018
- Daniel Grzeszkiewicz, Please Get in Touch With Your Customers… - October 15, 2018
- Where’s Andy Mangels in Wonder Woman: Earth One Volume Two? - October 15, 2018
- Will Talia al Ghul Make Brian Bendis’s Leviathan a Superman and Batman Crossover? - October 15, 2018