It was a legal case with plenty of back and forth. But Marvel’s attempts to trademark the phrase “Monsters Unleashed” for comic books has been abandoned.
The comic, published by Marvel for a year in 2016 and 2017 and based on a previous 1970s comic book (in name only), saw Marvel register its name as a trademark.
However, Monster Energy Drinks objected to the trademark, stating that it would conflict with their own trademarks Monster Energy and Unleash The Beast.
But last month, it seems, Marvel decided that it wasn’t worth the candle. They weren’t publishing the comic book anymore, and the benefit of further litigation was less obvious.
So a deal was done, Marvel terminated their application with the approval of Monster Energy Drinks, and any counterclaim went away with that.
- Batman Damned #1 Signed by Lee Bermejo Sells for $1000 - September 23, 2018
- Stephen Colbert Weighs In On the Batpenis - September 23, 2018
- ComiXology Denies Censoring the Bat Penis - September 23, 2018
- Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ Criminal Returns in January from Image Comics (UPDATE) - September 23, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 23rd September 2018 – What’s The Story, Morning Glory? - September 23, 2018