It was a legal case with plenty of back and forth. But Marvel’s attempts to trademark the phrase “Monsters Unleashed” for comic books has been abandoned.
The comic, published by Marvel for a year in 2016 and 2017 and based on a previous 1970s comic book (in name only), saw Marvel register its name as a trademark.
However, Monster Energy Drinks objected to the trademark, stating that it would conflict with their own trademarks Monster Energy and Unleash The Beast.
But last month, it seems, Marvel decided that it wasn’t worth the candle. They weren’t publishing the comic book anymore, and the benefit of further litigation was less obvious.
So a deal was done, Marvel terminated their application with the approval of Monster Energy Drinks, and any counterclaim went away with that.
- 6 New X-Men Comic Books for February 2019 - November 14, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald Spoiler Free Video Review + Cast Introduction From London Screening - November 14, 2018
- DC Comics are Really Crucifying Red Hood These Days - November 14, 2018
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018