Netflix’s adaptation of The Witcher has found its leading man. According to Variety, Man of Steel and Justice League star Henry Cavill has joined the cast in the lead role. The series was announced last year and has been the subject of many rumors since.
Based on the best-selling fantasy series, “The Witcher” follows Geralt of Rivia (Cavill), a solitary monster hunter, as he struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.
It was revealed last month that Cavill was interested in the lead role of Geralt. Artist BossLogic even created an insanely cool poster portraying Cavill as Geralt a few weeks ago.
The fantasy series started out as a book series, but many fans came to the story when the video game adaptation came out. At the moment there aren’t any other casting announcements or a tentative release date set for the series. Alik Sakharov, Alex Garcia Lopez, and Charlotte Brändström will direct various episodes of the planned eight episodes. Lauren Schmidt Hissrich will be the showrunner and executive producer.
- 'The Witcher' Showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich Teases Series Cameo
- Henry Cavill Shares 'The Witcher' Makeup, Costume Test for Geralt
- More Witcher Casting is Underway, Showrunner Teases
- 'The Witcher': Henry Cavill Comments on Geralt Casting
- Netflix's 'The Witcher' Showrunner Responds to Script Leak
- BossLogic Designs Henry Cavill as Geralt in 'The Witcher' TV Show Poster
- Lauren S. Hissrich Talks Netflix's 'The Witcher', Teases End of Season 1
- Some Witcher Fans Concerned That Netflix Show is Too Diverse
- Netflix's Witcher Series Will Probably Premiere in 2020 with Eight Episodes
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018
- First Trailer for Brightburn Imagines ‘What If Superman Was Evil?’ - December 8, 2018
- Dark Phoenix’s Script Was Reviewed by Kevin Feige, Will Have a Similar Tone to Logan - December 8, 2018