Disney is in the midst of their longest break when it comes to releasing movies in 2018, and their next big production is their adaptation of The Nutcracker. This has been one of the movies people have been a little confused about. Is there an audience for this? Disney must think so, because it looks like they gave it a pretty decent budget, and they’ve now released the final trailer. This one gives a really good look at the various realms and how much details has been put into these sets.
As for that question about an audience, it’s still up in the air — but every year people pay to go see the ballet in a theater. Perhaps that same audience will make the jump to the movie theater? We’ll have to see.
Summary: A young girl is transported into a magical world of gingerbread soldiers and an army of mice.
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, directed by Lasse Hallström and Joe Johnston, stars Mackenzie Foy, Keira Knightley, Morgan Freeman, Matthew Macfadyen, Helen Mirren, and Eugenio Derbez. It will be released on November 2nd.
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018