One of the scheduled highlights that we knew we absolutely had to attend at Dragon Con this year was the LIVE Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge.
When the live challenge was announced by Brian Henson and Dragon Con last month, we were ecstatic, having been huge fans of the single season run that aired on SYFY. Contestants had 27 days to build puppets inspired by Henson’s Farscape, and/or space. [Most chose the former]
The contest was hosted by Gigi Edgley (who played Chiana on Farscape), and was judged by Kirk Thatcher (Dinosaurs, Gremlins, Star Trek: III), and President of Television for The Jim Henson Company Halle Stanford (The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance).
[All photos by Mary Anne Butler]
The winner of the contest (the lovely redhead with the Scorpius/Pilot creation) will get to tour The Jim Henson Company in New York City or Los Angeles and will receive a travel stipend, courtesy of Dragon Con and The Jim Henson Company.
Fans can see the entire contest (and most of the other umpteen costume contests) with a yearly subscription to Dragon Con TV.
- Lisa Henson Talks Netflix's 'The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance' at NYCC
- Dragon Con: General Leia Cosplay That'll Make You Cry
- Brian Henson Talks Netflix's 'Dark Crystal' at Dragon Con
- Evangeline Lilly Eloquently Explains the 'LOST' Finale at Dragon Con
- Pym, van Dyne Family Reunion with Evangeline Lilly at Dragon Con
- Here's How to Watch the Dragon Con Parade This Morning
- Dragon Con to Host Live Jim Henson Creature Shop Challenge
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018