Ever since Dredd came out in 2012 fans have begging for a sequel. Star Karl Urban has always been on board for that to happen, but there hasn’t been any movement. However, the series could have found new life on the small screen. A TV show is currently in the works called Mega-City One. We’ve seen a few pieces of concept art, but not much aside from that. Urban was recently at the Trekonderoga Convention (via Star Trek Online) last weekend and was asked about the show.
I’m not attached to it, although I did have a preliminary round of conversations with them. I am interested in doing it. There are a lot of great stories to tell there. It is up to them. I don’t know really where they are in the stages of development. If I get the opportunity, great, otherwise some else will do it, and we can all see some more Judge Dredd. I did read the comics when I was a kid, as I teenager I read Judge Dredd a lot.
While Urban admits that he isn’t signed onto the current version of the show, he did have a few details he was able to share about what the concept will be.
Their idea for Mega-City One is was basically to build the show around more rookie judges and young, new judges and Dredd would come in and out and I said that I’ll do it, but it has to be done in a meaningful way. I can’t just come on and grunt and pull faces, there has to be a story there for him. There has to be a kind of little arc and a story we are trying to tell. So, we will see what they do.
Last we heard Mega-City One was still looking for a network, but they are eyeing a streaming service or premium cable last we heard.
- Mortal Engines Review: A Generic Story With a Fantastic New Coat of Paint - December 13, 2018
- Once Upon a Deadpool Review: Proof That a PG-13 Deadpool Doesn’t Work - December 13, 2018
- Mary Poppins Returns: Featurette Teases Topsy and a New Clip Shows off a New Song - December 12, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – Multiple Stan Lee Cameos and Different Peter Parker’s - December 12, 2018
- The Punisher Season 2: Jon Bernthal Shares a LQ First Image - December 12, 2018