Ever since Dredd came out in 2012 fans have begging for a sequel. Star Karl Urban has always been on board for that to happen, but there hasn’t been any movement. However, the series could have found new life on the small screen. A TV show is currently in the works called Mega-City One. We’ve seen a few pieces of concept art, but not much aside from that. Urban was recently at the Trekonderoga Convention (via Star Trek Online) last weekend and was asked about the show.
I’m not attached to it, although I did have a preliminary round of conversations with them. I am interested in doing it. There are a lot of great stories to tell there. It is up to them. I don’t know really where they are in the stages of development. If I get the opportunity, great, otherwise some else will do it, and we can all see some more Judge Dredd. I did read the comics when I was a kid, as I teenager I read Judge Dredd a lot.
While Urban admits that he isn’t signed onto the current version of the show, he did have a few details he was able to share about what the concept will be.
Their idea for Mega-City One is was basically to build the show around more rookie judges and young, new judges and Dredd would come in and out and I said that I’ll do it, but it has to be done in a meaningful way. I can’t just come on and grunt and pull faces, there has to be a story there for him. There has to be a kind of little arc and a story we are trying to tell. So, we will see what they do.
Last we heard Mega-City One was still looking for a network, but they are eyeing a streaming service or premium cable last we heard.
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: The Return of Wilson Fisk Featurette - October 17, 2018
- Demián Bichir Has Entered Negotiations to Star in Godzilla vs. Kong - October 17, 2018
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Wraps as Tom Holland Shares Some Images - October 17, 2018