James Gordon Jr is the son of Jim Gordon and brother of Barbara Gordon who went bad.
Created as a child by Frank Miller and Dave Mazzucchelli in 1987 for Batman Year One, it would be the Scott Snyder, Jock and Francesco Francavilla‘s Black Mirror story from Detective Comics and subsequent Batgirl series that would develop his story further, establishing James as a violent sociopath and a killer, even at a young age. He is then established as a very disturbing foil to Batman – and the Gordon family.
In some ways seen as a twisted mirror to Barbara Gordon’s Batgirl, both children of Jim Gordon in very different lights, that would make him a suitable character to appear in the upcoming mini-series by Scott Snyder and Jock, The Batman Who Laughs, returning to the character.
That character was created for Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo‘s Metal series, a Bruce Wayne who became the Joker in a different doomed world. He also resembles Judge Death, a 2000AD character that Jock also has a history drawing.
It’s all about black mirrors…
The Batman who laughs is the terrifying batman who haunts the dreams of Bruce Wayne. A foe who acts as a dark mirror to the ways of the otherwise righteous Batman. He’s scoured the multiverse and dark multiverse after the shattering of the source wall and found the one thing Batman never wanted, a version of himself holding the very gun that Joe Chill used to kill his parents, long dried of the blood of its original owner. This version of Batman is the deadliest hunter of Gotham Night
Thanks to Brendan T for helping me with a little mixup.
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018