Announced at the DC Nation panel at Toronto Fan Expo today, we are to expect Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder to reteam on a Swamp Thing comic book short story, scheduled for Halloween – which will also feature Wonder Woman. Could this be in Justice League Dark? The Witching Hour? Digital first? Don’t know.
But this will be ahead of a new Swamp Thing series coming from DC Comics later.
Created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, and later made even more famous by Alan Moore, Rick Veitch and Steve Bissette, where it became the basis of an entire imprint, Vertigo Comics, DC Comics has published a number of Swamp Thing series over the years. It was also a DC New 52 launch series written by Scott Snyder and Yanick Paquette.
But the character is about to get another burst of publicity later this year as Swamp Thing is currently filming in Wilmington, North Carolina, as a TV series for the upcoming DC Universe streaming app.
So naturally we will have a new comic book series to run alongside it.
Greg Capullo teased a Swamp Thing series this time last year, and has been drawing the character on Justice League Dark covers, now that he looks more like Alan Moore.
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018