When DC Comics launched its DC Universe streaming service, complete with comic books, films, cartoons and new original TV series such as Titans, Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing, it was notable that the service was to be USA-only.
Well, mentioned at the DC Nation Panel in Toronto Fan Expo yesterday was the news that Canada will be getting the DC Universe app in their shores, without having to fiddle with IP addresses, foreign credit cards and the like.
Dan DiDio confirmed that a Canadian DC Universe streaming service is currently in beta and is coming soon. Which probably stopped the DC Comics team from being lynched by enraged Canadian comic book fans.
The US version launches on September 15th, but there is no precise news as to when Canada will follow. As for the UK? I get the feeling we can go whistle…
At launch, the service is set to include the four Christopher Reeve Superman films, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, animated television series Batman: The Animated Series, Static Shock, Young Justice, Teen Titans, live-action television series Constantine, Lois & Clark, and Wonder Woman, the latter remastered in high-definition, and animated films including Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Green Lantern: First Flight, and Wonder Woman.
- Mimi Cruz of Night Flight Comics Vs Comics Distribution - September 24, 2018
- Fat Jack’s Comicrypt Displays Crisis #8 Artwork For the First Time During Tom King’s Heroes In Crisis Signing - September 24, 2018
- Denver Comic Con Changes Name to Denver Pop Culture Con For 2019 - September 24, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #2 - September 24, 2018
- Do You Remember… Superman’s Penis? - September 24, 2018