Warner Bros. has confirmed to North Carolina news station StarNews that its upcoming Swamp Thing TV series, to air on the DC Universe streaming service, will be filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina later this year. The making of the first 13 episodes will be based at EUE/Screen Gems Studios, where preproduction is currently underway.
It’s a relatively swampy area and 30 miles out from the Green Swamp Preserve if they are looking for handy filming location…
The state has suffered a marked decrease in filming, when the state General Assembly dropped their 25% tax credit incentive for filming in the state, and saw TV and movie production companies move to the likes of Georgia and Louisiana.
Swamp Thing has traditionally been set in Louisiana. But it turns out, in order to film a convincing Louisiana swamp, you might just have to go to North Carolina instead…
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 9th December 2018, “DC Killed It This Week” – and Then Die… - December 9, 2018