It sounds like things are gearing up towards the beginning of production for the Downton Abbey movie.
Focus Features and producer Carnival Films recently revealed that Oscar nominee Imelda Staunton, Geraldine James, Simon Jones, David Haig, Tuppence Middleton, Kate Phillips and Stephen Campbell Moore have joined the cast for the Downton Abbey feature film.
Dame Maggie Smith, Michelle Dockery, and Hugh Bonneville are already set to reprise their television roles as Violet Crawley (the Dowager Countess of Grantham), Mary Crawley, and Robert Crawley respectively.
While we’re not sure when the powers that be are looking at for a release date, chances are it will be sometime either late 2019, or 2020, depending on when the cameras start rolling on Grantham House and their beloved Downton Abbey. We’ll let you know as other information about the project becomes available.
- TODAY Show Live From the 'Downton Abbey' Movie Set
- Downton Abbey Film Gets a 2019 Release Date from Focus Features
- Cameras Are Rolling on the Downton Abbey Movie
- ‘Aquaman’ is the Live-Action ‘Atlantis: The Lost Empire’ - December 16, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Trailer Dropping Tomorrow? - December 16, 2018
- Rian Johnson’s Heartfelt ‘The Last Jedi’ Thanks, 1 Year Later - December 16, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Spider-Verse’ Tops With $35 Million - December 16, 2018
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018