It sounds like things are gearing up towards the beginning of production for the Downton Abbey movie.
Focus Features and producer Carnival Films recently revealed that Oscar nominee Imelda Staunton, Geraldine James, Simon Jones, David Haig, Tuppence Middleton, Kate Phillips and Stephen Campbell Moore have joined the cast for the Downton Abbey feature film.
Dame Maggie Smith, Michelle Dockery, and Hugh Bonneville are already set to reprise their television roles as Violet Crawley (the Dowager Countess of Grantham), Mary Crawley, and Robert Crawley respectively.
While we’re not sure when the powers that be are looking at for a release date, chances are it will be sometime either late 2019, or 2020, depending on when the cameras start rolling on Grantham House and their beloved Downton Abbey. We’ll let you know as other information about the project becomes available.
- Downton Abbey Film Gets a 2019 Release Date from Focus Features
- Cameras Are Rolling on the Downton Abbey Movie
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018
- Richard E. Grant asked JJ Abrams to Pinch Him Because ‘Star Wars’ - October 19, 2018