Today, 343 Industries gave Halo: The Master Chief Collection one of the biggest updates the game has seen since launch. The company released the full details on Halo Waypoint, but the short version is you got a visual upgrade for Xbox One X, better matchmaking, offline LAN support, a new feature we have the details for below called Intelligent Delivery, a ton of updated options including the menus, matchmaking playlists, tons of fixed bugs and the addition of community feedback.
“Intelligent Delivery” is a new feature that allows the individual facets of the overall MCC package to be selectively installed by players. MCC is a large game, jam packed with content (and it could even grow more in the future), so this really is a great quality of life improvement to give players more control over the experience and their console’s storage.
If you don’t care to play the Halo 2 campaign or Halo 4 multiplayer, you don’t have to install those components. Another nice bonus of Intelligent Delivery is that it will also allow players to install languages other than what their console is natively set to.
It’s important to note that choosing not to install game components is an “opt out” process. This ensures most players have the needed content for co-op and multiplayer scenarios while giving everyone control over their hard drive usage and which content they want to keep installed. By default, MCC will attempt to install the entire ~70GB package. However, once the game displays “Ready to Play”, you can launch the game and access the Intelligent Delivery settings to customization your installation specifics.
MCC Intelligent Delivery offers the following game installation options:
- Halo: Combat Evolved – Campaign + Multiplayer
- Halo 2: Campaign + Multiplayer (includes Halo 2: Anniversary MP (w/ Forge) & Halo 2 Classic MP)
- Halo 3: Campaign + Multiplayer (includes Forge)
- Halo 4: Campaign + Multiplayer (includes Spartan Ops + Forge)
You’ll find Intelligent Delivery configuration in the main menu via the “Options & Career” page under “Settings.”
- 343 Industries Reveals a New Piece of Halo: Infinite Art
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Will Receive Several New Options
- 343 Developer Confirms No Cash Loot Boxes in Halo Infinite
- Showtime Confirms Master Chief as Lead Character in Live-Action 'Halo' Series
- SkyBox Labs Joins 343 Industries to Work on Halo: Infinite
- Halo: Infinite Might Not Support Xbox Play Anywhere
- Halo Infinite Won't Have a Battle Royale Mode
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend