This week, Oni Press and IDW publish their crossover comic Rick & Morty & Dungeons & Dragons. A smashing together of two IPs. But also a recognition of how the world of Dungeons & Dragons has changed since the eighties.
The observation made by Rick or Rick & Morty is that girls play Dungeons & Dragons now.
And players have sex with each other.
I mean, I suppose it’s a step forward after the Raising Gazorpazorp incident. But still…
Out on Wednesday…RICK & MORTY VS DUNGEONS & DRAGONS #1 (OF 4)
(W) Patrick Rothfuss, Jim Zub (A/CA) Troy Little
Patrick Rothfuss & Jim Zub (w) o Troy Little (a & c)
When Morty needs to learn how to play D&D to keep up with the cool kids, his hard-drinking, old school-gaming, mad science-making grandpa is happy to teach him how to roll the dice, but neither of them is prepared for the saving throws they’re about to fail or the true quest yet to come. Strap on a +1 longsword and grab your 10-foot pole, because this is going to be a gaming gauntlet like no other!
The world’s greatest role-playing game.
Reality’s most dysfunctional family.
What could go wrong?In Shops: Aug 29, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Rolling Well: We Review Foldable Rolling Trays from Die Hard Dice
- Dungeons & Dragons Announces New Card Game with Dungeon Mayhem
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who Series 11 Episode 7, “Kerblam” - November 18, 2018
- Doctor Who Season 11 Episode 8: Alan Cummings Comes to “The Witchfinders” - November 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 18th November 2018 – ‘Hard To Sell What We Do Not Get’ - November 18, 2018
- Penultimate Issue of Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill’s Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press’ February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018
- AfterShock Comics Launches Stronghold. Oberon and a Hit Lunch Special in February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018