Destination Fitness, a gym in Detroit, has a new trademark to register. Their current slogan, “Work Hard, Kick Butt, Get Results” seems unproblematic. But they do like their comic books, such as their dubbing of client Soy Tri as “Black Thor” on their website might suggest.
However, it’s their attempt to register the phrase “WITH GREAT SIZE COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY” that has led Linda K. McLeod of Kelly IP, working for Marvel Characters, to ask the Trademark folks for an extension to oppose the registration.
With great corporate structures must come great trademark protection strategies.
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode Launches Tomorrow - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018
- Archie Comics Collects Varsity Edition in February 2019 Solicitations - November 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ Full Solicits for February 2019 - November 20, 2018