There is a report coming out of Atlanta, Georgia that a pre-production crew assembled to start things moving on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 have now been dismissed, confirming the picture’s status as being “on hold”.
This news isn’t terribly surprising considering Disney’s stance of NOT rehiring former Guardians of the Galaxy writer-director James Gunn to continue to over see the third entry into the series.
Deadline says the pre-production crew, who were indeed part of the already in place team to start work on the film, were dismissed today.
Disney is reportedly currently shopping around for a replacement for Gunn.
It is unclear if they would still be using his script for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, which at this time still has a tentative release date of sometime in 2020.
- Kevin Feige Comments on James Gunn "Rivalry", and 'GotG Vol. 3'
- Disney Reportedly Standing Firm on Not Reinstating James Gunn
- Chris Pratt Says the Situation Is "Complicated" Following James Gunn's Firing
- Sources Say Warner Bros. Wants James Gunn Post-Disney Exit
- Dave Bautista Says He'll Quit If Disney Scraps James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Script
- David Hasselhoff Says He Supports James Gunn
- Guardians of the Galaxy Star Dave Bautista Calls Working For Disney "Nauseating" After Company Empowered "Fascist #Cybernazis" Campaign by Firing James Gunn
- Kurt Russell Comments on James Gunn, Hopes Gunn is "Forgiven"
- Guardians of the Galaxy Cast Releases Statement Supporting James Gunn
- Disney Fires Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Over Old Offensive Tweets