On August 29th, Electronic Arts and DICE will be adding a new update to Star Wars Battlefront II that might make Clone Wars fans happy. In the latest update notes, the devs announced that the Elite Corps Clone Troopers will be added to the game. They also made some notes about Ewok Hunt becoming a permanent fix, Hero Prices changing, Prequel Era maps being added, and the Naboo Palace Hanger going into Blast and Custom Arcade.
Here’s a little more info on the troopers.
The 41st Elite Corps, or Elite Corps as they came to be known, were a division of the Republic Army that were involved in many iconic battles during the Clone Wars.
Toward the end of the Clone Wars, Elite Corps were present at the Battle of Kashyyyk. Alongside Jedi Master Yoda, they came to the aid of the Wookiees on their home world. Other notable appearances were on Geonosis, where the Elite Corps were sent to assist Anakin Skywalker in retaking the planet.
The 327th Star Corps were known for their distinctive yellow markings on their armor. Led by Jedi General Aayla Secura, they would take part in multiple battles across the Clone Wars. Notably, they were part of the Republic force that were defeated on Quell, despite the arrival of Anakin Skywalker.
The new Clone Trooper Appearances will be priced at 20,000 credits or 500 Crystals each and available for Assault, Heavy and Specialist classes for the Galactic Republic. If you’re looking to pick up all three appearances for each corp, then you’ll be able to take advantage of a bundle that costs 40,000 credits.
- General Grievous is Coming to Star Wars Battlefront II
- Clone Wars Content Is Coming To Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront II Gets New Patch Bringing New Map and Hero Ship
- Kylo Ren Gets the "Matt the Radar Technician" Treatment in Star Wars Battlefront II Mod
- Microtransactions May Not Return to Star Wars Battlefront II
- New Footage Released Of 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Story Mode