When Captain Marvel relaunched in 2016, it did so with Carol Danvers written by Kelly Sue DeConnick taking out her frustrations.
In today’s Action Comics #1002, Superman – now written by Kelly’s Portlandian bezzy mate Brian Michael Bendis, does the exact same thing.
Normally this would make a swipe file, but in today’s Life of Captain Marvel, written by Margaret Stohl, shows that Captain Marvel needs to go further. When her mother is involved, that is…
Looks like Superman’s going to have to up the game again…
ACTION COMICS #1002
(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Patrick Gleason
A bold new era of the adventures of the Man of Steel continues as bodies fall from the sky and buildings burn around the City of Tomorrow. Even Superman must wonder how well he knows the city he protects as an unknown criminal element begins to rise throughout Metropolis.In Shops: Aug 22, 2018
LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 (OF 5)
(W) Margaret Stohl (A) Carlos Pacheco, Marguerite Sauvage (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco
THE DEFINITIVE ORIGIN OF CAPTAIN MARVEL!
For years, Carol Danvers has been at the front lines, protecting Earth and her fellow heroes from harm. Then one visit to her childhood home changed everything. Now her brother’s in a coma, and until he’s safe, Captain Marvel…is standing down. But while Carol may not be looking for danger, it’s looking for her. A weapon has been unleashed. And Carol’s sleepy coastal town is about to become the center of its world. Margaret Stohl and Carlos Pacheco tear apart Captain Marvel’s whole universe in part two of an origin-defining tale!
Rated T+In Shops: Aug 22, 2018
- All The Local Comic Shop Day 2018 Exclusives We Can Find For This Saturday - November 13, 2018
- David Avallone’s Writer’s Commentary on Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark #1 - November 13, 2018
- Jim Lee Draws a Crowd (and Wonder Woman) and Answers Whether Batman Kills The Joker at SAM - November 13, 2018
- Re-Review: G Willow Wilson’s Wonder Woman #58 Mirrors the Movie Through a Dark Glass - November 13, 2018
- Meet Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele’s Toy Story 4 Characters, Ducky and Bunny, in Second Teaser Trailer - November 13, 2018