The Dora the Explorer movie has gained another cast member. Eva Longoria joined the cast as Dora’s mother, and now Dora’s father has joined as well. Michael Peña, fresh off of stealing every single scene he’s in in Ant-Man and The Wasp, has joined the cast of the live-action adaptation (via Deadline).
The live-action adaptation, which is being produced by Paramount Pictures, has drawn some raised eyebrows from people on the internet. There are some who are wondering who this movie is going to appeal to when the cartoon tends to appeal to very young demographic. Production has just started, so we don’t know that much about what age demographic they’re going to try to hit with this movie.
Dora the Explorer, directed by James Bobin, stars Isabela Moner, Eugenio Derbez, Micke Moreno, Nicholas Coombe, Madeleine Madden, Adriana Barraza, and Temuera Morrison.. It will be released on August 2nd, 2019.
- Star Wars and Fantastic Beasts: J.K. Rowling is Repeating the Mistakes of Prequel Era George Lucas - November 21, 2018
- Interview with Robert Rodriguez and Michelle Rodriguez for the VR Film ‘The Limit’ - November 20, 2018
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018