Once upon a time, Dave Sim was planning a magazine called Cerberus, named after the triple-headed dog guarding Hades. Except he misspelled it Cerebus. An aardvark mascot was needed. And it all got a bit out of control.
But in November, with Cerebus in hell, he looks like he’ll be coming up against the original untypoed inspiration… with Cerberus in Hell #1.
But so much has that typo become accepted that in Diamond Previews they have listed it as Cerebus in Hell #1. We have amended it back in the following version…
CERBERUS IN HELL (2018) #1
(W) Sean Michael Robinson, Dave Sim, Sandeep Atwal (A) Sean Michael Robinson, Gustave Dore, Dave Sim (CA) Benjamin Hobbs
Three-headed Cerberus stars in his own title! Two of those three heads are criminally-actionable parodies. Guess who? Featuring Batvark as the Bassoon Fairy. Is Cerberus identifying as “bat-winged-demon curious”? Hell’s Illegal Organ Market; Hell’s Civic Improvement Health Committee; Hell’s Green Economy Civic Improvement Committee; Is Cerebus short? Or Vertice-Specitic-Personal-Elevation Oriented? Or Height-Appropriate-Capacitation Statused? Cerebus has trouble digesting the Book of Jeremiah; Cerebus and the Whore of Babylon debate Kanye West; Cerebus seeks out company; Botoxing newborns: Is Big Pharma behind it? Or Mattel? Cerebus and an Arch-Demon Team-Up; Cerebus the Stand-up comedian; Why you don’t want to tell the old “So, this pig asks a djinn to turn him into a human being … ” joke; Cerebus’ computer is hacked; Friedrich Nietszche vs. Batvark (yes, again!); the Redeeming Power of the Cheers theme song; Also! Hillary Clinton isn’t conceding just yet!
In Shops: Nov 28, 2018
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Jonathan Ross, Correcting the BBC Over Stan Lee on Newsnight Last Night - November 13, 2018