It’s the end of an era. According to Deadline, CBS has announced that the 12th season of The Big Bang Theory will be the final season. The series, which has been on the air since 2007, has earned over 50 Emmy nominations, 10 Emmy wins, and seven Golden Globe nominations and is one of the most popular sitcoms of the modern age.
“We are forever grateful to our fans for their support of The Big Bang Theory during the past twelve seasons. We, along with the cast, writers and crew, are extremely appreciative of the show’s success and aim to deliver a final season, and series finale, that will bring The Big Bang Theory to an epic creative close,” WBTV, CBS and Chuck Lorre Productions said in a joint statement.
The show is expected to go out on a high note when it airs its series finale in May of 2019. The 12th season is set to start on Monday, September 24th on CBS. Considering the fanbase and the acclaim this show has received, it’s not at all surprising that they were given plenty of notice to wrap everything up. The spinoff, Young Sheldon, is set to start its second season on September 24th.
This story is developing and we will update this with any new information.
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018