All hail Will Corona Pilgrim. He is the man on the wall. The traveller between worlds. A man of all seasons. He speaks to both Marvel Comics on the East Coast and Marvel films on the West Coast, even if the two bodies, epitomised by Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter, are as far apart as ever. He specialises in creating adaptations of Marvel movies as comic books in the run-up to the cinematic release of their sequels, but also writing stories that act as preludes. With the likes of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange he has written comic book stories that are regarded as canon with the movies.
And now he has done that for Captain Marvel, with an MCU canon comic book planned for November, drawn by Andrea di Vito. It ties into those final moments of Avengers: Infinity War and will feature the first MCU canon appearance of Captain Marvel.
Out in November, here’s the solicitation.
MARVEL’S CAPTAIN MARVEL PRELUDE #1
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • ANDREA DI VITO (A)
Before CAROL DANVERS takes flight in 2019’s first Marvel Studios film, immerse yourself in this all-new adventure! Spinning out of the mysterious events of Avengers: Infinity War, NICK FURY and MARIA HILL set off on life-or-death missions that lead directly to the appearance of CAPTAIN MARVEL!
32 PGS./ one-shot /Rated T …$3.99
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018