All hail Will Corona Pilgrim. He is the man on the wall. The traveller between worlds. A man of all seasons. He speaks to both Marvel Comics on the East Coast and Marvel films on the West Coast, even if the two bodies, epitomised by Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter, are as far apart as ever. He specialises in creating adaptations of Marvel movies as comic books in the run-up to the cinematic release of their sequels, but also writing stories that act as preludes. With the likes of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange he has written comic book stories that are regarded as canon with the movies.
And now he has done that for Captain Marvel, with an MCU canon comic book planned for November, drawn by Andrea di Vito. It ties into those final moments of Avengers: Infinity War and will feature the first MCU canon appearance of Captain Marvel.
Out in November, here’s the solicitation.
MARVEL’S CAPTAIN MARVEL PRELUDE #1
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • ANDREA DI VITO (A)
Before CAROL DANVERS takes flight in 2019’s first Marvel Studios film, immerse yourself in this all-new adventure! Spinning out of the mysterious events of Avengers: Infinity War, NICK FURY and MARIA HILL set off on life-or-death missions that lead directly to the appearance of CAPTAIN MARVEL!
32 PGS./ one-shot /Rated T …$3.99
- The Daily LITG, 19th December 2018 – Fairytales In New York - December 19, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for March 2019 Includes Invisible Kingdom, Hellboy: The Art of the Motion Picture and the Elfen Lied Omnibus - December 18, 2018
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018