Frank Quitely, the artistic pseudonym of Vincent Deighan, has long been associated with the work of Grant Morrison, after working on Flex Mentallo, New X-Men, All-Star Superman, Earth 2, Batman Inc, Batman & Robin, and We3 together.
Mostly that’s been for DC Comics, but Quitely hasn’t worked for DC Comics for a little while. Too busy with Jupiter’s Legacy, hotel rooms, and other stuff, maybe. But Grant Morrison‘s new project for DC with Liam Sharp, new ongoing series The Green Lantern starring Hal Jordan, will see Quitely join the team as variant cover artist with issue 1 in November.
We haven’t seen the art yet — the following is the standard cover from interior artist Liam Sharp. But I know it will excite certain Frank Quitely fans, many of whom are already excited by Morrison and Sharp’s new take.
THE GREEN LANTERN #1
written by GRANT MORRISON
art and cover by LIAM SHARP
variant cover by FRANK QUITELY
blank variant cover available
Superstar writer Grant Morrison (Batman, All-Star Superman) returns to DC alongside red-hot artist Liam Sharp (The Brave AND the Bold, Wonder Woman) to launch a new, ongoing series: THE GREEN LANTERN!
In this debut issue, when Earth’s space cop, Hal Jordan, encounters an alien hiding in plain sight, it sets off a chain of events that rocks the Green Lantern Corps—and quite possibly the Multiverse at large—to its very core. There’s an inter-galactic conspiracy afoot, as well as a traitor in the GL Corps’ ranks, so strap in for more mind-bending adventures in this masterpiece in the making.
ON SALE 11.07.18
$4.99 US | 40 PAGES
FC | RATED T
- All Six Age Of X-Man Spinoff Series Revealed For February - November 16, 2018
- Catwoman #6 Gets a Christmas Variant Cover From Stanley ‘Artgerm’ Lau - November 16, 2018
- Matt Lucas, Michael Socha, Steven Mangan Star in Tony Lee’s Dodge & Twist - November 16, 2018
- Thank FOC It’s Friday #3 – FOC’ing Is Your Superpower - November 16, 2018
- Marvel Turn Conan the Barbarian Into Conan the Librarian With Free Sword Bookmarks - November 16, 2018