Ancestors bless late night talk show hosts and their talented staffs for creating memorable vignettes and sketches for the rest of us to enjoy, like this most recent one from The Late Late Show with James Corden reimagining Netflix’s The Crown as a freaking cop show.
Featuring former The Crown actor Matt Smith (who played Prince Phillip for seasons 1 and 2, before being replaced with Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies for season 3), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), and of course host James Corden, “Lizzie and The Duke” features a… different side of Queen Elizabeth I (played by Corden) and Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh (played by Smith) as a modern cop drama.
“Criminals are royally screwed” may be one of the best tag lines ever created for a ‘series’ like this.
We’d watch it.
The Late Late Show with James Cordon airs on CBS, The Crown seasons 1 and 2 are currently streaming on Netflix, and season 3 is expected sometime in 2019.
- First Look at Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip from 'The Crown'
- 2 More 'The Crown' Season 3 Images: Helena Bonham Carter and Ben Daniels
- First Image of Olivia Coleman from Netflix's The Crown Season 3
- Claire Foy Talks a Different Lisbeth Salander for 'Girl in the Spider's Web'
- Erin Doherty Joins 'The Crown' Season 3 as Princess Anne
- The Exorcist's Ben Daniels Signs on to The Crown Season 3
- Matt Smith Comments on 'The Crown' Co-Star Claire Foy's Pay Gap
- Tobias Menzies Takes Over Prince Philip From Matt Smith for 'The Crown' S3
- End of an Era: James Lipton Leaving Inside the Actor’s Studio - September 24, 2018
- Hulu Renews Technicolor Series Harlots For a Third Season - September 24, 2018
- Let’s Go and Tour the Game of Thrones Sets in Ireland - September 24, 2018
- Writing Has Begun on New Captain Picard Star Trek Show - September 24, 2018
- Legendary Star Wars Producer Gary Kurtz Has Passed Away - September 24, 2018