Ancestors bless late night talk show hosts and their talented staffs for creating memorable vignettes and sketches for the rest of us to enjoy, like this most recent one from The Late Late Show with James Corden reimagining Netflix’s The Crown as a freaking cop show.
Featuring former The Crown actor Matt Smith (who played Prince Phillip for seasons 1 and 2, before being replaced with Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies for season 3), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), and of course host James Corden, “Lizzie and The Duke” features a… different side of Queen Elizabeth I (played by Corden) and Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh (played by Smith) as a modern cop drama.
“Criminals are royally screwed” may be one of the best tag lines ever created for a ‘series’ like this.
We’d watch it.
The Late Late Show with James Cordon airs on CBS, The Crown seasons 1 and 2 are currently streaming on Netflix, and season 3 is expected sometime in 2019.
- 'The Crown': Season 3 Finds Their Camilla Parker Bowles
- First Look at Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip from 'The Crown'
- 2 More 'The Crown' Season 3 Images: Helena Bonham Carter and Ben Daniels
- First Image of Olivia Coleman from Netflix's The Crown Season 3
- Claire Foy Talks a Different Lisbeth Salander for 'Girl in the Spider's Web'
- Erin Doherty Joins 'The Crown' Season 3 as Princess Anne
- The Exorcist's Ben Daniels Signs on to The Crown Season 3
- Matt Smith Comments on 'The Crown' Co-Star Claire Foy's Pay Gap
- Tobias Menzies Takes Over Prince Philip From Matt Smith for 'The Crown' S3
- Deadwood: Dispatches From The Thoroughfare, Wu [Keone Young] Edition - November 13, 2018
- Legendary Entertainment Nabs Dark Horse’s Black Hammer for Film, TV - November 13, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Caitriona Balfe on the Unsavory Side of “Do No Harm” - November 13, 2018
- Here’s the Official Synopsis for ‘Detective Pikachu’ - November 13, 2018
- Disney+ Star Wars Series ‘The Mandalorian’ Will Star Pedro Pascal - November 13, 2018