Disney is keeping footage of Guy Ritchie‘s live-action remake of Aladdin close to the chest. There was a behind-the-scenes reel shown during the CinemaCon presentation, and that was about it. However, the details are starting to come out.
According to Variety, Oscar, Tony, and Grammy-winning duo Benj Pasek and Justin Paul got to help write two new songs for the Disney remake.
“We got to write a new song for Jasmine,” Paul tells Variety. “Alan wrote a beautiful piece of music and [Naomi Scott] is incredible.”
They also went on to say that they wrote a new duet for Aladdin and Jasmine (“a sweet song”) and a new verse for the opening song ‘Arabian Nights’.
The release date for Aladdin is less than a year away, so we can probably expect to see a first look sometime before the end of the year. The behind-the-scenes footage we’ve seen makes it look like a Bollywood production, which is kind of the perfect aesthetic to go for.
Summary: A live-action retelling of the 1992 Disney film of the same name.
Aladdin, directed by Guy Ritchie, stars Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Will Smith, Marwan Kenzari, and Numan Acar. It will be released on May 24th, 2019.
- Ashley Jensen Is the First to Join Disney's Reboot of Lady and the Tramp
- Disney Rolls Out the Big Guns at Cinemacon 2018
- Disney Lays out Movie Release Slate, Confirms Some Things at CinemaCon
- Will Smith's Genie is "a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude"
- Disneyland to Transform Aladdin's Oasis into The Tropical Hideaway
- Disney Reportedly Using Makeup to Darken Extras' Skin in Guy Ritchie's Aladdin
- New Aladdin Actor Celebrates The 25th Anniversary Of The Original Film
- First Look at Eiza Gonzalez in Hobbs and Shaw - December 18, 2018
- Todd Phillips Confirms That the Joker Movie Has Wrapped Production - December 18, 2018
- Sherlock Holmes Adaptation ‘Elementary’ to End After 7 Seasons - December 17, 2018
- Utah Film Critics Association Votes Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse the Best Picture of 2018 - December 17, 2018
- [SPOILERS] Phil Lord and Chris Miller Talk That Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits Scene - December 17, 2018