Activision has kicked off the finale of the record-setting 2018 Call of Duty World League season with the 2018 Championship tournament. The five-day competition featuring Call of Duty: WWII begins at the MLG Arena August 15th–16th before moving to the Nationwide Arena this weekend August 17th–19th for the final elimination rounds and championship match.
Throughout the season, teams have been competing to earn a spot in the biggest event in competitive Call of Duty, with teams from around the world vying for a Championship ring and their share of the event’s $1.5 million in prizing as part of the $4.2 million season-long purse.
“The 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship is the culmination of an unbelievably competitive season,” said Adam Apicella, Vice President, Event Operations, Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues. “This year has been a record-setting season for the CWL, which has seen online and offline participation grow, while viewership has topped last year. And it all comes down to this, let’s see who is the best Call of Duty esports squad in the world.”
The 2018 CWL season has been led thus far by Team Kaliber and Rise Nation each capturing three event victories securing their roles as potential favorites for this weekend’s finale.
Here are the groups for the 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship:
|GROUP A||GROUP B||GROUP C||GROUP D|
|Team Kaliber||Rise Nation||Red Reserve||eUnited|
|Epsilon Esports||Tainted Minds||Mindfreak||Splyce|
|Team Heretics||Lethal Gaming||Ghost Gaming||EZG Esports|
|Lightning Pandas||Brash||ZoneGG||Team Sween|
|GROUP E||GROUP F||GROUP G||GROUP H|
|FaZe Clan||Unilad||Echo Fox||OpTic Gaming|
|Complexity||Team Envy||Luminosity||Evil Geniuses|
|Morituri Esports||Mentality Esports||Havok Esports||Supremacy|
The top 16 teams from the Group Stage will move to a double-elimination format on Friday before a champion is crowned Sunday evening.
The event will be broadcast in its entirety from August 15–19 on MLG.com/CallofDuty, Twitch.tv/CallofDuty and via the in-game Call of Duty: WWII Theater on PlayStation 4. Championship Sunday will be broadcast on Twitter via @CODWorldLeague.
You can check out today’s streaming schedule below.
- Call of Duty World League Scores an Impressive Set of Sponsors
- The First Ever University Esports Hub Launches in UK as the NSE
- OpTic Gaming and Sansar Partner Up to Bring VR to Esports
- Katy Perry to Join Cast of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - December 11, 2018
- The Leaderboard and NYXL to Host a Super Smash Bros Livestream Next Week - December 11, 2018
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018