In August, Wichita Falls police released a security video showing an individual trespassing in someone’s home, engaged in the theft of a number of vintage and valuable comic books worth over $100,000.
The video of the man, identifiable from a camouflage cast on his arm, led to the arrest of Marcus Alan Benner, of Wichita Falls, Texas, 41. He is now charged with burglary of a habitation, currently held on remand with a $50,000 bail.
It also emerged that on the same day as the theft, the owner of local store Galaxy Comics reported that a white male fitting the description was in his business attempting to sell some comics using the name “Marcus.” He was later identified as Benner, and the store bought two of the comic books.
Along with the theft of several vintage comic books, Benner has now been accused of stealing two prayer rugs from the same residence. After his arrest, Benner confessed to the theft and his house was searched for other stolen items, including the rugs.
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018