In August, Wichita Falls police released a security video showing an individual trespassing in someone’s home, engaged in the theft of a number of vintage and valuable comic books worth over $100,000.
The video of the man, identifiable from a camouflage cast on his arm, led to the arrest of Marcus Alan Benner, of Wichita Falls, Texas, 41. He is now charged with burglary of a habitation, currently held on remand with a $50,000 bail.
It also emerged that on the same day as the theft, the owner of local store Galaxy Comics reported that a white male fitting the description was in his business attempting to sell some comics using the name “Marcus.” He was later identified as Benner, and the store bought two of the comic books.
Along with the theft of several vintage comic books, Benner has now been accused of stealing two prayer rugs from the same residence. After his arrest, Benner confessed to the theft and his house was searched for other stolen items, including the rugs.
- Bill And Ted’s Extermination #5 Adventure Brings New Time Travel Tricks (Final Page Spoilers) - December 19, 2018
- Batman #61 – Cowardly And Superstitious Comic Book Writers? - December 19, 2018
- Captain America Still Can’t Let Go Of Secret Empire… (#6 Spoilers) - December 19, 2018
- Aquaman Gets A New Love Interest Today – Poor Mera…. (SPOILERS) - December 19, 2018
- Carol Danvers’ Brand New Origin Explained Today in Life Of Captain Marvel #5 (Spoilers) - December 19, 2018