It appears that the Limited Edition of Owlboy has been delayed once again, this time being pushed until September 28th for North America. According to developer Soedesco, the delay from August 31st to late September this time came down to distribution and how the game would be delivered in the U.S. and Canada. The company issued a statement about the delay.
Marten Buijsse, Community Manager for SOEDESCO, apologizes for the delay, explaining: “The Owlboy Limited Edition is the first release in our promising new Limited Edition program and unfortunately we’re facing some startup problems. We will take the lessons learned from this first issue with us for all future Limited Edition releases, and we are very grateful for everyone’s patience”.
The reason for this partial delay is that the combination of many different special items in the Limited Edition result in a complex assembly and distribution process. Due to some delays in this process, the Limited Edition will arrive later in the USA and Canada than in the other territories.
To be clear, this edition of Owlboy is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, so if you’re expecting to see it on any other console beyond the edition already released, you’re out of luck.
- Kero Blaster Receives a New trailer and a Release Date for Nintendo Switch
- Morrowind Leaked as Next Xbox One Backwards Compatible Game
- Nintendo Highlights New Indie Titles With "Nintendo x Indies" Trailer
- The 2017 Nordic Game Awards Give INSIDE The Top Prize
- 'Uncharted 4' & 'Overwatch' Biggest Winners From SXSW Gaming Awards
- Bleeding Cool's Game Of The Year - Part 2: #17 - #1
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018