This is how the variant cover to Jenny Frison‘s Wonder Woman #52 out this week looked to retailers when they ordered it.
But this is how it looked when it came out last week.
This new approach to variant covers reduced the words and logos, giving more space for the artwork to shine. But in seems that many retailers were expecting them to keep the Welcome to Mexico words, and a number of retailers, especially those in Southern US states, let alone stores actually in Mexico, had ordered many more copies as a result.
And they didn’t get the cover they thought they would get. So they have been expressing their rage in the kind of places that comics retailers express that kind of rage.
Will they get the comic made returnable? Or will DC Comics see an opportunity here and run postcard covers to all sorts of places?
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018
- Will You Find Doctor Aphra in Your Return of Wolverine #1 Second Printing? - October 18, 2018