This is how the variant cover to Jenny Frison‘s Wonder Woman #52 out this week looked to retailers when they ordered it.
But this is how it looked when it came out last week.
This new approach to variant covers reduced the words and logos, giving more space for the artwork to shine. But in seems that many retailers were expecting them to keep the Welcome to Mexico words, and a number of retailers, especially those in Southern US states, let alone stores actually in Mexico, had ordered many more copies as a result.
And they didn’t get the cover they thought they would get. So they have been expressing their rage in the kind of places that comics retailers express that kind of rage.
Will they get the comic made returnable? Or will DC Comics see an opportunity here and run postcard covers to all sorts of places?
- Rags #1 3rd Printing, Punchline #1 2nd Printing from Antarctic Press - December 10, 2018
- Joe Illidge, No Longer Executive Editor at Valiant Entertainment (UPDATED) - December 10, 2018
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Vancouver’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018